Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Obama's Louis XIV moment: "..THIS NATION, ME.." ("I am the State")

 Obama's Louis XIV moment: "..THIS NATION, ME.." ("I am the State")

Obama obsessing on himself. Self referential, self absorbed use of the word "I" in the October 22 Debate:

"...this nation, me, my administration,..."

"...Now with respect to Libya, as I indicated in the last debate, when we received that phone call, I immediately made sure that, number one, that we did everything we could..."

"...Keep in mind that I and Americans took leadership in organizing an international coalition ..."

"...the world needs a strong America, and it is stronger now than when I came into office..."

"...what I now want to do is to hire more teachers,..."

"...And what I did was work with our joint chiefs of staff to think about, what are we going to need in the future..."

"...I will stand with Israel if they are attacked...."

"...as long as I'm president of the United States Iran will not get a nuclear weapon. I made that clear when I came into office...."

"...I always understand that that is the last resort,..."

"...about the Iranian revolution, I was very clear about the murderous activities that had taken place..."

"...when I was a candidate for office, first trip I took was to visit our troops. And when I went to Israel as a candidate, I didn't take donors. I didn't attend fundraisers. I went to Yad Beshef ..."

"...And then I went down to the border towns of Storok ..."

"...And I was reminded of what that would mean if those were my kids...."

"...I've used my travels, when I travel to Israel and when I travel to the region...."

"...when you were a candidate in 2008, as I was, and I said if I got bin Laden in our sights I would take that shot,..."

"...after we killed bin Laden I was at ground zero..."

"...When I came into office, we were still bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan ..."

"...You know, I was having lunch ..."

 "...I think Americans should be proud of, when Tunisians began to protest, this nation -- me, my administration -- stood with them earlier..."

"...veterans' unemployment is actually now lower than general population. It was higher when I came into office...."

"...Al Qaeda is much weaker than it was when I came into office...."

"...I set up a trade task force to go after cheaters..."

"...U.S. exports have doubled since I came into office,..."

"...I am not wrong. I am not wrong...."

"...I want to build on our strengths. And I've put forward a plan ..."

"...I want to make sure we've got the best education ..."

"...I want to control our own energy by developing oil ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment